Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Choco-Almond Cookies (no refined sugar)

Who doesn't love a sweet treat?!  I made these for my sweet nieces and nephew over the weekend...they loved them and gobbled them up within minutes!




They were super easy to make and only took a few minutes.  First I pre-heated the oven to 350F.  Next I added 3/4 c. of rolled oats (regular, not the quick cooking kind) into my Vitamix along with 1/3 tsp of baking soda and blended on high until the oats were a fine powder. Note: I have only tried this recipe in my Vitamix, so I am not sure how it will work using a food processor or basic blender).

Next I added 1 tbsp of coconut oil, 2 tbsp of room-temperature almond butter, 1 tbsp of unsweetened shredded coconut, 2 tsp coconut sugar, 1 egg, 2 tbsp of egg whites and 2 tsp of vanilla.  I then processed the works in the Vitamix until smooth.  Dump out the batter into a bowl and add 2 tbsp of chocolate chips.

I used a small ice cream scoop to put the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake in a 350F oven for 12-15 minutes, or until done.  Enjoy!!!  My batch made 10 cookies.



Choco-Almond Cookies

3/4 c. rolled oats (not the quick cook ones)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
2 tsp coconut sugar
1 egg
2 tbsp egg whites
2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp chocolate chips.

Process the oats and baking soda until it is a fine flour.  Add all the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chips and blend well.  Pour into a bowl and mix in the chocolate chips.  Spoon out onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 350F for 12-15 min.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment